Monday, November 19, 2007

Decorating the Christmas Tree



On Sunday night, Kristen and I set up the Christmas tree and put the lights and garland on it after Allyson was in bed. (We knew that it would take 3 times as long with Allyson awake) When Allyson woke up this morning, she was thrilled to see the tree and was anxious to decorate it. After dinner tonight, we spent a relaxing evening together decorating the tree.

It was fun to see her excitement as she rediscovered all of the different decorations. She was very much into it. She wanted to see what was inside of every container, box, and bag.

The video below is nothing too exciting (meaning it is mainly grandparent material!). Please do not feel obligated to watch it. It is about 4 minutes long. My favorite part is the impromptu song that Allyson starts to sing to herself at about 2 minutes into the video.

Have a great week and Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR DECORATION PARTY WITH US. BEING 3, YOU REALLY CAN GET INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT AND ALL THE DECORATIONS. ALLY, YOU JUST MAKE CHRISTMAS SO SPECIAL.
LOVE YA--

Anonymous said...

How precious to see Ally and the joy she brings to your home. She is precious for sure. As I looked at the video how sad I got for a moment wishing I could see David and Danny and the enrichment they brought to my life decorating the tree one more time as little tykes. Memories wonderful and both bitter and sweet as one gets older.
These are truly the best and most precious of years for you and Kristen so make memories and enjoy them with a full heart. I am so excited for your future and the new baby. Thank you for sharing some of the moments I don't get to see very often with us all. I helps ease the distance situation we grandparents share.