Tuesday, February 26, 2008

As I See It...Police Officers N' Cheese

Today, Allyson and I (Kristen) had a pleasant lunch together at home, while Natalie was peacefully sleeping. We dined on Mac n' Cheese and were about halfway through the meal when I tuned in to Ally's babbling. (Don't think I'm a bad mom, she just talks so much that I often allow my mind to wander...) She was declaring that her Mac n' Cheese bowl was the building where the police officers' cars go. Oooookay. Here's how the conversation progressed.

Mom: So where are the police officers?
Ally: The Mac n' Cheeses are them.
Mom: The police officers are the noodles?
Ally: Yeah, they're dressed up like noodles.
Mom: Oh, dressed up like noodles.
Ally: Yep.
Mom: Do police officers like to eat mac n' cheese?
Ally: (thinks for a few seconds) Nope, they're allergic to mac n' cheese.

Just a glimpse into the conversations that develop with a nearly 4-year-old...

Another quick note...Tonight was "Daddy night" at Ally's preschool. All of the Dads went to school with their child and they did a craft, sang songs, and ate treats. As they were getting buckled into the van to drive to school, Ally told her Daddy, "You're gonna behave, right?" That's my girl!

3 comments:

Basketwebb said...

What an imagination that Ally girl has! She comes up with some really good stories. I do hope that "Daddy" behaved at school, I am thinking that what she meant was that she hoped that he wouldn't embarass her!! Love you all. Mom (Grandma Sheila)

Rich said...

That Ally is just too cute and the ideas she comes up with. Those little minds never stop working. Can hardly wait to see both girls and give them huggs.

Love, Grandpa V

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

(I remain a faithful reader of your blog! :)