The second half of the trip was spent with David's dad and stepmom in his hometown of New Castle, PA. On these days, the weather was GORGEOUS, so the girls spent quite a bit of time outdoors. We quickly learned that our girls would probably thrive as "country girls." Allyson even got to ride on Grandpa's motorcycle! On the last night, we got to see much of Dave's extended family. What a treat!
Overall, it was a relaxing and pleasant week. The drive to and from OH/PA was more than a little painful, but the family time was treasured. The return trip took about 13 hours. In a mini-van. With two young children. Just call me "Vending Machine." I have no idea how many fruit snacks they each consumed, but let me tell ya, each little package dispensed 3-4 minutes of peace. After it took us an hour and a half just to get through Chicago, we had totally expended the patience of our little ones. Unfortunately, a trip like that will probably not take place again too soon. I can't quite imagine said mini-van with THREE children, vending machine mommy, and ready-to-cuss-over-this-traffic daddy.
(There may be more pictures coming...we need to beg a few family members to email/upload their shots so we can share! And maybe we should ask their permission before posting them for our tens of readers to see...)
3 comments:
What a great, but tooooooo short of a visit. We did not make it to Tionesta for an over nighter nor did we get to explore some old memories for David in the Pa. mountains, let alone get to ride by Pop-pop's old camp. I know you were disappointed, but Lord willing we will have a chance to reminisce some precious and beautiful times of days gone by another visit. Those camping trips are some of my favorite with you son.
Hearing Ally scream < I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT> the moment she got her first ride on the trail bike was so worth it. I have never seen her so excited with abandoned glee. And, snuggling with grandpa watching "Alladin" was an awesome treat for me.
What a blessed time to get to know Natalie better, finally. That smile and those eyes melted me at first glance. Her little chubby arms and legs and baby soft skin. How could anyone resist?
I know the house is so empty and silent; too "neat". I miss the chaos and toys laying around already. At 55 I am still really lousy at goodbyes and needed a day to settle in again.
All this emotional dribble to say, "Wow, what a great few days with my much loved son and daughter in law and two incredible, squeezable little girls.
It was so nice to have a family get together on Saturday evening. How can two little girls shake my world so much in a few days?
Can't wait for our little boy to enter this world, but please "NOT TYRONE!" Actually, what ever makes you happy is fine. We will love him no matter what.
You really touched this old guy's heart this weekend and I am so proud of you all. I can hardly wait to see you again.
Thank you for blessing me with this last visit!!!!!!! It was really special for me and Paula.
Aw, sounds like it was a great trip. Maybe minus the drive-time. :)
What great pictures of our beautiful great nieces. We really wish we could meet you in person. Just know we think of all of you often.
David, I don't believe you still have the name Tyrone picked. I remember when we were at the beach and you guys just announced you were expecting Allyson. You mentioned Tyrone for a boy then. When you look at your little boys face you will know what name he will have. Like big David said, "whatever makes you happy is fine. We will love him no matter what."
Did you ever consider "COSMO"?
We have a Cosmo in our preschool--he is adorable and his name fits him just fine. They were not Sienfeld fans, but they did get into the stars.
Miss you guys and give hugs and kisses to the kids. Rub your tummy for me. Say hi to the little tiger from us.
Love you guys,
Aunt Vicki and Uncle John and Savanna and Michael and Daisy the dog.
Post a Comment