Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Season of the Shoe

I don't know what the deal is lately, but shoes (I mean, great shoes) are finding their way into our home at fab prices!

Today I picked up 5 pairs for $15.00! Oh yes, I did.

The first four were at good 'ol Wal-Mart. I only make it in there maybe once a month, but I had heard their clearance shoes were marked WAY down AND were buy one, get one free. My boots were $5 and the other three pairs were $3 each. I probably wouldn't have paid even $3 for Nat's turquoise flip-flops, but you should have seen her face light up when she saw them! (Yep, that's me S-U-C-K-E-R.)


The fifth pair I picked up at a little consignment store nearby. $6 for Minnetonka sandals that had probably been worn three times. I just looked them up online and they go for $40 new!


And not too long ago, (maybe a month?) we were at Goodwill wandering. Not sure what brought us in there, but anyway, David spotted these sandals. That boy has an eye for good sexy sandals.

Voila! My size, super cute, and seriously, they did not have a single mark on them! Seriously! If they were ever worn at all, it was indoors on carpet, because the bottom side didn't have a single scratch. They're cute in the picture, but even cuter on. I'd totally post a picture of me wearing them, but my pedicure is in serious need of improvement and these tired toesies wouldn't flatter them.

And just when you thought I was done...I picked up some cute summer shoes from Land's End for $6 shipped just a few months ago. (I should've shared the deal so you could snag some, too!) And I spotted some Mary Jane crocs online for $8 shipped. And Natalie scored some Crocs of her own at Big Lots the other day (did ya' know that Big Lots carries actual Crocs? Now you do!) for $10. Typically I wouldn't spend $10 for kids' summer shoes, I'm cheap like that, but a solid name brand like that can win me over. Oh, and let's just remind you that I'm a S-U-C-K-E-R.


So I think I'm stocked. And I'm not sure why I wanted to share all of this useless information, except for the fact that I was excited about my deals!

Oh, and I have a fabulous story about that day at Goodwill, but I'll save it for another day to keep you coming back...

And I have a few pictures to share that just make me speechless. I don't even know where to start. Maybe you can help? Come on back now, ya hear?

1 comment:

Basketwebb said...

Your post made me so proud! You know how I love to score a bargain or two or five...You go girl! So happy that you got such great deals and such super cute shoes!