Monday, May 02, 2011

Quick Quotes: Sunday Edition

One memorable line heard on a recent Sunday morning:

"You DON'T hit your brother with the Bible!"
(who said it or to whom it was spoken will remain a mystery...)


Yesterday I taught Kids' Church for the first time (in this church). Ally was in my class, as were several children who thought it was perfectly acceptable to play football in the moments before class began. Sorry, but I wasn't having it. Not appropriate for kids' church. I snagged the ball from one of the kids and asked them to find a chair. Ally turns to me and says,

"That's why you're a good teacher...you're MEAN."

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Reminds me of when the "boys" were small. Sunday mornings seem to bring out the best in children! Thanks for sharing the "quotes".

Rich said...

Kristen you come from good stock. It's the teacher in all of us. I'm really mean in class as most times its the the only way to assert your authority and get control. That Ally is pretty sharp to pickup on that. Ha!
Grandpa V---