Yesterday marked Ally's first day of 3rd grade. Yes, really.
She was nervous.
I'm not sure why.
Her teacher is her mom. Her classroom is in her basement. She didn't have to worry about people not approving of her hair or clothes. She didn't have to impress a new teacher or navigate the dynamics of a new peer group, building, or schedule.
She said she was nervous about math. It must be genetic. She gets it from me. She has very few problems with math, but she dislikes it. That's how I was (or maybe how I still am). Anyway, Ally navigated her first day of school well, declaring that her math assignment was easy. (I didn't have the heart to tell her that the first few lessons are a basic review...)
We're starting a bit slow this week, with math, English, reading, writing, and Bible. We'll add history, geography, science, music, and art next week. At some point in the year, we'll revisit Spanish and add in some typing lessons as well.
Without further ado, here's our favorite 3rd grader...and the teacher's assistants of course.
Today was Ally's second day of 3rd grade and she was equally unaffected by math. Phew.
Natalie started her second year at preschool today. This year she'll be in the "Getting Ready for Kindergarten" class which meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. She was returning to the familiar, with her teachers, the classroom, and the building being the same. She was thrilled to return and had a great day. My only question is, "Why does she look so big in these pictures?"
Something must be wrong with my camera.
All the way home from dropping Natalie off at school, poor Christopher moaned, "I wanna be four like Nat-Nat and go to her school."
(Yes. He's holding goggles here. I don't know why.)
Mrs. Gorman bringing Natalie to the car at pick-up. What a great day!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing!!!! Our little Allyson is growing up so fast. I agree Natalie does look big (grown up). Poor Christopher no school for him, tell him to enjoy his time at home, playing all day! Love to all of you. Grandma W.
Post a Comment