Monday, May 19, 2008

On the Eve of My 32nd Birthday...

I am not excited about entering more deeply into my 30's! I think I am going to adopt the stance that I am only 29 until I start feeling like I am in my 30's!

Tonight, I decided that I would spend a little time looking up my birth year, 1976, on Google, Youtube, and Wikipedia.

I have learned several interesting and useless facts about 1976....
  1. I was born while Disco was still alive
  2. I was born while Elvis was still alive
  3. The Apple Computer company was started
  4. The tradename "Microsoft" was registered with the Office of the Secretary of the State of New Mexico
  5. Our country celebrated it's Bi-Centennial
  6. The first class of women was inducted into the U.S. Naval Academy (My brother, Dan's, alma mater)
  7. The Summer Olympics were held in Montreal, Quebec
  8. Rocky was released. Yo, Adrian!!!!
  9. "Bionic Woman," with Lindsay Wagner, debuted on ABC (This past fall, ABC relaunched the "Bionic Woman")
  10. The fashion was bad, and most of the music was worse!

I initially started out to write something profound about life and gaining another year of wisdom, but as you can see, none of that is coming out right now.

All I can say is, "I feel old!" I remember looking at mom and dad's photos and thinking the 50's and 60's looked so old. Looking back at 1976 had that same effect on me tonight. All I can say is, I am thankful I can remember the 80's! It doesn't look like I missed much during my 4 years in the 70's!



These are too cool!




How can you not love disco!



Have a groovy day!!

3 comments:

Basketwebb said...

"Happy Birthday"
WOW what a way to start the week with a nostalgic trip to 1976; on a positive note 1976 was a great year, you could buy a "nice" house for under $20,000.00 less than most cars cost today! I enjoyed viewing the Montgomery Ward Catalog; I remember ordering some clothes from that issue! You make me proud; if you think you are old, I must be ancient in your eyes! Enjoy your special day and eat a piece of HoHo cake for me! Love MOM

Rich said...

Dave,

If you view the catalog while you listen to the disco clip that you sent, it brings back a lot of memories. Those were the days. Have a great birthday!!!

Rich

Beth said...

Happy birthday Dave! (Waving to Kristen as well! :)