Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Swings Song!

Allyson is occasionally tolerant of "Mommy and Daddy music" playing in the car. Sometimes she even enjoys it! Today there was a Paul Baloche CD playing. (He is our favorite worship leader - go get a CD if you don't have one!) Anyway, there are one or two songs on the CD with which Ally actually sings along.

Today she politely asked, "I want hear the swings song, please."

Okaaaaay. Knowing that she quickly gets irritated with my ignorance, I mentally analyze the songs from the CD, pondering which could be the "swings song."

Clueless, I reply, "The swings song?"

She says, "Yeah, I call it the swings song because I don't know what it's really called."

Okaaaaay. So I flipped through the CD, listening for any mention of swings (which I knew was nearly impossible on a worship CD - "Lord, you make me feel like swinging..."?)

My intuition jumped in and I thought of the songs with which she regularly sings.

AHA! At the end of a song titled, "A Greater Song," Paul and his team are worshipfully repeating these words, "Hallelujah, we want to lift you higher. Hallelujah, we want to lift you higher."

Get it?

3 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Too cute! Allyson has said that to me in times past "Push me higher on the swing Grandma". Hence the swing song, very smart girl, that Allyson!

Rich said...

Love that Ally. I sure miss her and her sister. They can come play at Grandpa's house anytime.
Love Ya---
Grandpa V

Anonymous said...

LOL - too cute! Yes, she is a smartie! I mean, I know I've never met her, but how could she not be with you two as parents??? :)