Sunday, March 29, 2009

A photographer, I am not.

Sorry we've been absent from the blog-world. We have things to share, but haven't had the time to elaborate.

So, for tonight, just a quick note and a great picture. (And a couple not-so-great pictures)

This morning I put my girls in matching dresses for church. We don't have very many matching outfits because the girls are too far apart in sizes to find affordable twin get-up. They wore their dresses all day, so I tried more than once to grab a great shot of our girls. On the first try, we plopped Natalie in Ally's lap, but she was unimpressed with that arrangement and promptly threw her head back into her sister's cheek. So, here's the picture that resulted from that maneuver.
As you can see, Natalie was promptly abandoned.

The second photo op was an impromptu snack time, designed to force the children to sit...for more than a split second. Here's the best shot from that go-around.
Apparently snacking and smiling don't go hand-in-hand.

The last try of the day provided the best shots, in the worst lighting. We built a fort with a sheet, two chairs, and the baby gate. Sometimes we'll do anything to provide 10 minutes of entertainment. As it turns out, I also got a couple of fun shots of our girls.A non-traditional pose, yes, but pretty cute, right? (Next time, I'll try to remove the pacifier before the photo session.)

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

I love all the photos, smiling or not they are both gorgeous girls.
Love, Grandma Sheila

Rich said...

Those FOX girls are pretty special. Love ya bunches--

Grandpa V