Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Allyson Fox, kindergartner

Life is full of milestones, isn't it?

Today was a big one. I almost titled this post, "Our baby birdie has left the nest," but I know that terminology is supposed to be reserved for when your baby actually leaves home. However, that's how I felt this morning.

The house was quieter, emptier, a little less lively.

But our sweet girl was exactly where she belongs. She was awake and fully dressed by 6:45 and chowed her breakfast just a few moments after it landed on her plate! She was so excited. That helped me deal with the mommy-emotions swirling through my broken heart. She told me I couldn't stay long at school, just long enough to walk her in and say goodbye. Her tummy was nervous, but her smile was huge.

In the end, she had a great day. She surprised me a bit and answered every question I could think of. There were three recesses (huh?), two snacks (seriously?), lunch, rest, gym, music, center time...I'm not being critical (yet), but what time was left for learning? And our picky-eater actually ate a good portion of her lunch (or so she says). (Sorry for the excessive use of parentheses.) (I like parentheses.)

Enjoy the slideshow below and I'll try not to use anymore of those blasted parentheses. (Yeah, right.)

4 comments:

Basketwebb said...

First of all thank you for sharing the photos of Allyson's First Day at School, they warmed my heart and brought back some very special memories of her daddy's first day at kindergarden! I know the feeling you want to let go and let her experience all that life has to offer but at the same time you just want to protect her from all the evil out there. I am so proud of Allyson she looks so happy and excited to be starting a new adventure. Can't wait to see you (all 5 of you).....maybe tomorrow!?! Love, Grandma W.

Rich said...

Great pictures! Just love that Ally and can't believe she's in school. They grow up fast!


Grandpa V

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Great post! What a big milestone! Love the slideshow too and in particular the dad on the left who's bear-hugging his little girl. So sweet.

p.s. I also like parentheses. (Yes, it's true.)

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Okay - woops... Upon closer viewing, the parent bear-hugging said daughter actually looks to be mom and not dad. My bad. (Details.) (More parens...)