Friday, October 23, 2009

A treat for his "birthday"...

Some of you may remember, although you're not required to, that today Christopher is exactly four months old. What a sweet joy our little boy is. God always knows what He is doing, but He really blessed us with this one.


I've been bothered by just one thing. His hair. It has always been so...voluminous. That is not what has bothered me, though. It's the length. I have pushed his hair behind his ears more often that I push my own behind mine. Here's the proof.


So, I decided that something had to be done. I know it's not typical for a 4-month old to have a haircut. I also know that some of you are shrieking in horror that I would even think of cutting his silky strands. And I know that his first haircut is supposed to be really difficult. (My sweet neighbor friend has a boy Natalie's age that has never had his hair cut. It is white-blonde and longer than Nat's hair. They could be twins. He is often mistaken for a girl, but the parents just can't bring themselves to cutting it. Not I, folks.) I am not trained, but I am brave. And I have a scissors. I really only focused on the spots above his ears that were painfully long, but I may have touched up a couple other spots, too.

Here is my handsome, sideburn-free 4-month old, sporting his new "do". (Please don't look too closely. I'm quite sure it's uneven.)


This is Natalie, "helping". (It's possible that she needs hair help of her own; don't worry, my scissors has been put away...for today.)

3 comments:

Rich said...

Grandpa V thinks CJ just looks perfect with his new haircut. All boy now. Would love to give him a squeeze and a little kiss on those cute little cheeks.

Love ya CJ!!!! Grandpa V

Basketwebb said...

How did Christopher get to be so grown up? He looks so mature for only being 4 months old. Give him a hug and kiss from Grandma.

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Great job! Seriously - I'm very impressed. :)