Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Another Milestone

Ally attended her last day of kindergarten today. Yesterday was supposed to be field day, but it was a rainy mess. So today became field day, making the last day of school take place outdoors, with water games and over-excited kids. Ally was not overly impressed with field day, and I think her emotions were bittersweet. She is excited at what the summer holds and the prospect of first grade in a matter of weeks, but she was sad to say goodbye to all of the memories that kindergarten held.

Allyson is such a different person today than she was 9 months ago. Take a look:


And today, on her last day:

And here she is, coming out of school at the end of school the first day... (can you see her? she's right in the middle)...

and today... (again, right in the middle, green skirt)


She was exposed to a whole new world in kindergarten, so much of which I'd like to remove from her brain! But overall, she had a very successful year and is thriving.

I cried went she left this morning. (I know, big shock.) I can't really explain the emotion...David thought I would cry because of the long days ahead of me, trying to entertain her all day! But, no, I was teary because my sweet baby girl is just so big.

Enough about me.

Happy Graduation, sweetie! We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Allyson, Congratulations on your graduation from kindergarten. We are so very proud of you. You and I can celebrate when I see you next week! Love, Grandma and Grandpa W.

Rich said...

Wow, that's quite a accomplishment. We are so proud of you. Your pictures show that you have really grown-up over the past year. You will make a GREAT first grader.

Love ya, Grandpa V