Monday, August 02, 2010

Seriously?

I feel like I'm always apologizing...a good blogger posts consistently to build readership and loyalty. I'm failing. I think of it so often. Daily, really. "This would be a great story for the blog." "That is blog-worthy!" "I can't wait to show off this picture!" But, in the end, when I actually have the opportunity to sit down and share, I'm not disciplined enough to do so. I'd rather sit back and NOT THINK.

Having said that, I'm popping in to share the latest development on the clothes dryer saga. Because I know that all of you are so interested in our dryer situation.

It's broken. Again. For real this time.

If you need a long-winded reminder about the dryer story that reflects my blonde past, read it here.

Bummer.

To add insult to injury, David looked up our problem online and found the reasons for a heating element to die (like ours appears to have died). The main reason is running the dryer with full lint-traps (which I usually don't do), or running it without proper ventilation, which is...uh...precisely what I did a few weeks ago.

We're going dryer shopping tonight. I just can't fathom how a family with three small children can survive longer than a few days without a dryer. I'm just not green in that area; purple maybe, or red, but not green. We regularly reuse our plastic grocery bags and turn off the water when we're brushing, but you just can't ask me to go without a dryer. That's just not nice.

So, my $40 oops a few weeks back will now cost us an additional $200 (at least) to remedy.

So glad my husband loves me.

He even took two loads of wet laundry to the laundromat yesterday morning before church so they wouldn't get mildewy. I love that guy, I tell you. Oh - and get this - he brought back the laundry FOLDED! Oh my heavens, that boy has a way of making me swoon.

I'll let you know when we get our dryer. Cause I can't just leave you hanging like this, right?

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Wow, I was getting concerned no blog posting for 2 weeks!!!! I miss the regular stories/photos but I am NOT putting a guilt trip on you :)

Sorry to hear about the dryer, it is just a part of being a homeowner or should I say a dryer owner?

Miss you guys so much. Love, Grandma (with the crazy hair, that is what Ally called me.....)

Unknown said...

lYep, I trained him well! LOL