Last week was "Spirit Week" at Allyson's elementary school. Monday was Backwards Day, Tuesday was Mismatched Day, Wednesday was Hat Day, Thursday was Hero Day, and Friday was School Colors Day.
Ally isn't thrilled to participate in these kinds of things, especially when it hinders her style.
On Wednesday we were talking about Hero Day and the various people that might be considered heroes. She wasn't vested in the conversation really, she must have been doing something really important, like writing her next novel.
After I stopped talking, she replied, "I don't have any heroes except for you, Mom..."
Before you all jump in with a collective, "AAAAH, how precious!", keep reading, because she didn't stop there. (Picture a slight look of disdain on her face...)
"...and I'm NOT gonna dress like YOU!"
That would be called a backhanded compliment, for those who were wondering.
4 comments:
Great story!! Just love that Ally.
Grandpa V
Just curious what DID Ally wear to school on Hero Day? Love to all. Grandma W.
She chose not to participate and wore a regular school outfit.
Coincidentally, at AWANA last night, she was supposed to dress like her favorite superhero. She said that her favorites were God and Mom. We both happened to be wearing pink shirts and capris, so I told her it should count! :)
I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. what a riot!!!!!
Post a Comment