Monday, October 11, 2010

Just Call Me a Thief.

I'm just going to come right out and say it...I'm stealing this post from a friend of mine who I think will forgive me. Probably.

Our friend Beth is a big fan of Sara Groves, and I have always enjoyed her music, too, although it seems like the last six years have been dominated by the tunes of the Wiggles, Laurie Berkner, and many versions of kids' Bible songs. Soooo, I can't say that I have sat down to listen to much of the sweet girl's music. Sorry. I'm realizing that I have clearly missed the boat and I need to get right on that.

Somebody else tell my kids that I'm confiscating Laurie.

Anyway, I came across Beth's post today and had to listen to the song.

What I heard made me melt. I. Loved. It. And I SO want to memorize every word and sing it to my kids. Just like Sara did.

But maybe without the avocado part because my picky eaters wouldn't even know what I was talking about. Maybe I'll replace it with mac n' cheese or overly processed fried chicken in various shapes. Alas, I don't think that would fit into the melody.

So maybe I'll just sing it straight. Cuz' it's fabulous, I tell ya.

Go read and listen.

1 comment:

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Awww... No forgiveness needed. Cuz I think you and your blog are just sweet!

And yes. Sara. She's so... Fabulous. LOVE IT.

:)

p.s. When are we gonna get our boys together for a play date??? Go west, young family, to the Twin Cities for a visit - and call me!