Seriously, it's been weeks since our last post and so much is going on! I had been on a roll, posting a few times a week and now I feel I've let you down. All four of you, that is. Our apologies.
Here are the highlights.
Thanksgiving brought us to the great city of Minneapolis. What a fun trip. The kids were well behaved (until the last day...but who would want to hear about that anyway...). The drive was peaceful and smooth without a lick of traffic. And we all had a stinkin' good time. The Mall of America, Thanksgiving Dinner, Macy's and the City Center, Ikea, and family...how can it get much better? We have tons of great shots from the weekend, but here are just a few.
Just three days after returning from Minnesota, Dave's mom came to visit. She often comes in December to celebrate an early Christmas with the kiddos, but this year was extra special for David and I.
We escaped.
For 32 hours.
For 1,920 minutes we took off our parent hats and put on the young and cute hats that resemble those worn by honeymooners.
We took the train to the grand city of Chicago, took in many sites and shops, attended a FABULOUS Christmas concert with two of Dave's favorite saxophone players, slept in until waaaaay after our normal hour, ate 4 meals without cutting anyone's meat or bargaining with a child for dessert. It was priceless, really.
And it was pricey.
It was worth it. Totally.
But we forgot our camera. So here's a few pics of the kids with Grandma Webb.
When we got back to our vehicle at the train station in Harvard, Illinois, where we would then drive home, our vehicle was gone. LOVELY.
We parked in the wrong lot. Normally this is relatively benign, with a simple $25 ticket. We could deal with that. Unfortunately, there was snow emergency during the 32 hours we were gone. And apparently it is a city ordinance that all vehicles be removed from parking lots during snow emergencies.
We got towed. An act of God got us towed.
So we arrived home a bit later (and a bit poorer) than originally thought, but we still had a great time.
And Grandma Webb survived, in case you were wondering. It's possible that she was more tired than normal. And it's also possible (no, probable) that our sick-ish kids lovingly shared their germs with her.
She still loves them.
Ally had her first Christmas musical on Thursday (video coming soon...). I love all the dynamics of a group of kids "performing"!
On Friday, David had Lasik surgery to correct his poor vision. Dave's company had agreed to build the surgeon's website in exchange for a few fixed eyes! What an unexpected blessing! (Updated: As of Sunday, he is seeing things very clearly and experiencing only a bit of discomfort. That's a pretty nifty surgery.)
On Thursday and Friday Christopher and I had a nasty stomach flu that had us feeling downright yucky. Mommies just aren't supposed to be that sick. As of this morning, everyone is healthy.
What a whirlwind.
We'll see what tomorrow brings...
Hope your Thanksgiving and first two weeks of Advent were pleasant and peaceful and not too cold. And if you're sitting in the midst of a blizzard like us, take a moment to enjoy your warm house and a cup of cocoa.
I'm gonna go ahead and hit "publish" now before this could be published as a documentary and made into a very boring film that no one pays to see.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. Always interested in keeping up with the Kids and Grandkids.
Love ya---Grandpa V
Wow, the 5 Fox's have had a whirlwind December and it is only the 13th! I had so much fun with the 3 grand-kiddo's! I miss you all so much. Looking forward to the video of Allyson's school Christmas Play. Happy Monday! Love, Grandma W.
Fun - love the pics! I have been peeking over here occasionally so it was good to see an update! :)
p.s. I posted a link over on my blog to that cookies recipe you wanted.
Post a Comment