Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weary

It's been two weeks since my last post. Can I just take a moment to be honest? And maybe vent a little?

I love my children and adore my husband. I have a blessed life. David has a stable job and I have (overall) healthy children. We have a warm home, even when the outside thermometer reads negative temperatures. I am blessed. And thankful. But I'm going to take a moment to be honest.

I'm weary.

Weary of preparing the same three meals over and over because those are the meals the kids are most likely to eat.

Weary of preparing one of the "safe" meals only to have them push away the plate and say, "I don't like it."

Weary of sick kids. Over the last 10 days, 4 family members have been sick; two of these were sick two separate times in that time frame.

Weary of being awoken from deep sleep more than once a night.

Weary of early mornings. This morning it was 5:20.

Weary of hearing crying in the night. (We're working on Christopher...he's learning to "self-soothe", otherwise known as parents-laying-in-bed-wide-awake-listening-to-the-baby-cry-until-he-goes-back-to-sleep.)

Weary of losing our last two social events to sick children.

Weary of losing our last two weekends to sick children.

Weary of worrying about sick children.

Weary of pouring medicine down our children's throats.

Weary of being home-bound.

Weary of tantrums.

Weary of crying as a form of communication.

Weary of pleading with God in the middle of the night to help them sleep so that I can regain some level of sanity.

Weary of not having any energy to clean, cook, organize, play, or write blog-posts.

Weary of people saying, "These are the best years of your life!"

Weary of people saying, "Enjoy these years, it only gets worse when they're teenagers." That is NOT helpful.

Just weary.

Tomorrow I'll be better.

That is, if I'm allowed to sleep tonight.

Otherwise, tomorrow I might still be weary.

Check with me next week.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Kristen, Keep your chin up... this too will pass. Things will get better as the kids get older and become more self-sufficiant. The job of a parent is challenging but you and David are rising to the occasion... all be it too early in the morning! I wish we lived closer to give you a break but I do keep you all in my prayers.

Love, Paula

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Hang in there friends. It's no fun to be weary.

{{hugs!}}