Saturday, April 19, 2008

Karate Kid...80's Flashback

Tonight, we had an exciting outing to Taco John's and then to Target. Allyson had received a gift card for her birthday and was itching to spend it. While the girls were looking at toys, I wandered into the DVD section and saw a rack of $4.75 videos. "The Karate Kid: Special Edition" version was included in the sale. Now normally I can easily resist these type of impulse buys, but when I saw that the DVD included a bandanna just like Daniel Larusso wore in the movie, I was ready to part with a $5 bill.

I am excited to escape into the 80's as I watch this movie....by myself!! Kristen isn't interested. Anyone that shares my love of cheesy 80's movies and wants to take a trip down memory lane can give me a call and we can watch it together! :)

To me, there is nothing better than a good 80's flick. What are your favorites? Some of mine: Goonies, Karate Kid, Rambo, Rambo II, Princess Bride, Adventures in Babysitting....

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

David, I have great memories from the 80's they were some of the happiest days of my life, as a mother of two active little boys, but I don't share your love of the movies from the 80's perhaps you should give Dan a call he may take you up on the offer to watch the Karate Kid with you. Love the bandana photo! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Nice pic, Dave. :)