It has been over a week since we last wrote...sorry to those few who can hardly get through the day without a word from the Foxs!
Life is continuing on with only some normalcy. Natalie keeps life unpredictable - she currently has a large bruise on her forehead from smacking it on the dining table leg. Lovely. (I'll post a picture of it later - it's a doozy.)
Last night I was getting ready for bed, doing the normal routine. I pulled out my toothbrush, added the toothpaste and started brushing. (I know you're thinking, "Where's the story here?" Just hold on, it's coming.) I brushed for at least a 10 seconds or so before I noticed a decidedly...soapy...flavor. There was also a different consistency to the foam in my mouth. Hmmmm. I spit and rinsed, then rinsed the brush thoroughly, thinking, "It must be in my head."
This morning, just out of curiosity, I asked Allyson, "Did you get soap on my toothbrush?" She quickly looked away, covered her mouth and her eyes got...guilty. I couldn't keep from giggling...I had to walk away! I couldn't even correct her because I couldn't stop smiling. When I got my composure, I asked her what happened. At this point, I was figuring it was an accident; she must have been playing in the soap and my toothbrush fell into it or something. Nope. She proceeded to tell David and me, "I just put it under..." (she motions putting the toothbrush under the soap dispenser) "...and pushed it down." (she motions pushing down the soap dispenser) She was entirely matter-of-fact about the whole thing.
We have yet to determine why she gave my toothbrush a bath, but I think we may open a few new toothbrushes today and toss the old ones, just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment