Monday, February 02, 2009

Allyson...the composer

As I was getting ready for the day this morning, Ally and Natalie were amusing themselves with toys and books. At some point, Allyson started singing. She quite rarely wanders around singing a song that we all know. Instead, she spontaneously composes songs. Sometimes they make perfect sense, with real words and everything! Other times they contain some murmurs and "scatting" and don't make much sense at all.

Before I release today's lyrics, let me just say that I'm not sure where this exact wording came from. "Come into my heart" isn't our preferred wording for a salvation experience, but that's for another post. She certainly did not hear this at church, seeing as the main lesson in last week's class was a story about a disobedient mouse. (Don't even get me started on this...yes, I know I will have to have a heart-to-heart with this teacher.) Anyway, here is the song. It was quite melodic and sweet, even resembling a song I've heard before.

"Oh God, come into my heart. Come into my heart. (Repeat)
Please come; come into my STINKIN' heart."

That's right, folks. At 4 3/4 years old, she has mastered all of the English language, especially her mom's slang. (Guilty as charged.)

I rather like this song and found myself humming it later...then I stopped to get a bit philosophical. Isn't that line so true? Our hearts are just STINKIN' dirty until Christ washes us clean. So, for once, I'm kind of proud of my child picking up my slang. In this case, it works!

Stay tuned...I'm working on the pictures of our latest DIY project and I can't wait to show off our new playroom.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Is there a second verse?

Too Cute!

Grandma Fox