Monday, June 08, 2009

Finally....

Just about two years ago, Kristen and I made the decision that I would begin to pursue training as a computer/web programmer. At that time, our local community college was just launching a Web Analyst/Programmer degree program that would be offered in an online format.

After many hours of research and seeking advice, I enrolled in the program knowing that I would have a lot of late nights over the four semesters it would take to complete the degree. If it had only been the stress of late nights, this would have been easy! However that was not the case.

In that two years I/we:
  • Welcomed Natalie into our lives
  • Worked extra hours at the church as the youth pastor for a season (in addition to my other full-time responsibilities)
  • Dealt with some major turmoil at the church
  • Lost lots of sleep with an extremely grumpy baby (Natalie, we still love you)
  • Faced more turmoil at the church
  • Worked as an online sales manager at a local car dealer on my day off from the church
  • Made another baby :)
  • Began an internship as a Web Developer at a local web development company
  • Faced even more serious turmoil at the church
  • Accepted a position as a full-time web developer at Foremost Media here in Janesville! (Yeah!!!!!)
  • Resigned from the church
  • Completed an Associate's Degree as an IT/Web Analyst Programmer with a 4.0!
With each semester, I can remember telling Kristen that there was no way that I could juggle it all, but somehow, we made it work and we both still have most of our sanity. God is amazing at carrying us through seemingly impossible times. I am extremely grateful for that!

For the first time since graduating from college, I love getting up in the morning and going to work! That in itself was worth all of the energy, time, and finances invested in making a career change.

Thank you for letting me boast a little about this latest accomplishment!

Here is my degree (definitely not Ivy League, but ironically, it holds more career potential than my expensive private college degree!!!!).


3 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Congratulations Son!!!! I am so very proud of your accomplishments both educationally and with your beautiful family! Thank you for blessing me with a beautiful daughter in law (your wife) and two totally loveable, huggable, gorgeous grand-daughters (Allyson and Natalie). Can't wait to welcome little (Tyrone) into the family. David you have grown into such a admirable young man, husband, father and now Technical College Graduate. I am soooooo glad that you finally have found a career that you can be passionate about. The future holds so many new possibilities for you with your new degree.

Love, MOM

Rich said...

Way to go Dave. We were praying for you and knew you could and would do it. In everything the past year, you have been faithful to God and your family. He will bless you more than you can imagine.We love you and are very proud to call you our Son-in Law. Continue to put God first in everything and there is no limit to what you can do. Love ya, Grandpa V

Unknown said...

what can I say son? I admire and respect you immensely and call you son with all the joy and pride that a father can have. I am truly blessed.