First of all, let me say that we are less than three weeks from D-day (that would be Delivery Day)! I am SOOOOO ready to rid myself of this belly in favor of our son!
-------------------
Second, as you may notice, the blog is under construction as David (the computer programmer dude) tries to spiff up the site a bit. Oh, and here's a question for you, it's been highly debated around here. If your last name ended in an X and you wanted to pluralize it (as above), would you add an "s" or an "es"? For the record, "es" just doesn't seem right to me, maybe because we aren't actually foxes. But I'm not sure Foxs is right, either. A little help?
-------------------
Finally, I must share a story from this morning. For whatever reason, garage sales are kind of big around here on Wednesday mornings. We have been in search of a toddler bed, so I loaded up the girlies and we went on a hunt. (Just so you know, we were highly successful and found a nice little bed & mattress for $15! We are thrifty gals.) When it comes to these kinds of things, I always drive by the house first to make sure it's worth unbuckling and re-buckling both children.
I drove by one sale that was unlike any I've ever seen! They had so many trinkets and decorative chochkeys (yes, I see you little red squiggly line...I have no idea how to spell that word) that it looked like the breakable aisle at Hallmark. There were multiple bookshelves full of figurines and tables and tables and tables covered in various candle holders, vases, and other end-table fillers. It could have been interesting to walk through, but I quickly said, "Natalie would be a disaster in there. She'd break everything!"
Allyson quickly agreed, then lovingly added, "YOU'D knock everything over with your big fat belly."
Yeah, um, thanks Ally.
4 comments:
Foxes is correct for plural use, as in your blog title. And you would use an apostrophe only for possessive use, like Fox's Pizza Den (my local example, which is what Brian brought home for dinner tonight!)
Three more weeks. EEEEE!!!!
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/plurals.htm
Like the new website. Just keep those pictures coming as we love them.
Grandpa V
I would put 's even thought it might not be grammatically correct. Do what you makes you happy, I will know what you mean.
Post a Comment