Allyson has two sweet friends at school with whom she is VERY close. It has become our tradition that whenever there's a day off from school, the three girls get together at one home for a playdate. They get along so well. Last Friday was such a day and it was our turn to host. Unfortunately, one of the threesome had other plans, so the opening went to another girl in their class.
This new threesome played well together, but I discovered that the new addition to the crew was a bit bossy. It wasn't long before I got out a piece of paper and a pen and started writing things down. I particularly enjoyed her form of bossiness when every sentence started with, "How 'bout...?"
Here are the best lines:
"How 'bout you DON'T do that?!"
"How 'bout we pretend you're a baby so I can't understand what you're saying."
"How 'bout we pretend you're a little baby and you can't even talk yet."
(Yep, that last one was my favorite. It's always more fun when your playmates can't even talk.)
Christopher was awake for part of the time the girls were here. Neither of Ally's friends have babies in their homes, so they were understandably taken with his smiles and coos. At one point Ally said, "Could you not touch him? He seems like he needs some room right now."
Later she told us that she was worried the girls might like him more than her. Aaaaaah.
Next time the playdate will be at a different home and the original three should be together again. And there won't be a sweet baby boy to steal anyone's thunder. So all will be well.
Assuming that everyone is allowed to talk.
2 comments:
I love Ally's honesty and transparancy regarding her feelings that her friends may like
Christopher better! Tell her not to worry once he starts crying or has a dirty diaper her friends won't be so eager to play with him! It is amazing that three little girls can play so well together (the regular 3) I remember that when 3 girls got together one was always feeling left out! Keep the fun stories coming it is the highlight of my morning! Love, Grandma W.
Aw, great (and funny) story!
Post a Comment