Monday, May 03, 2010

Older...and cuter...kids

Why is it that haircuts always make your kids look older?

Christopher was a shaggy mess...(I'm not a fan of shaggy boys, no offense if you have one).  And Ally is headed into a spring and summer full of swimming, playing in the sandy park, and washing hair every day.  Her long, beautiful hair is so difficult to maintain under these conditions.  So, we made a decision.  It was time.  And she was totally on board.

Before:
(As you can see, one child was not cooperating for the "before" picture.  The other will cooperate for nearly any kind of picture.  In fact, it is sometimes difficult to get a genuine picture of her!)

After:

Ally has had a few moments of regret, but overall she likes her hair and has even let me curl it a few times. But as I look at these pictures of her long hair, I kinda miss it too.  She looks too grown up.

1 comment:

Basketwebb said...

Allyson and Christopher, I think that you both look super cute with your new haircuts. Ally you are growing up so very fast! And Chris you are turning into a little boy....already...you are not a "baby" anymore. Time stands still for no-one. Love, Grandma W.