On the way to school in the mornings, I take a few quick moments to pray with Ally, asking God to help her to be kind, patient, diligent, and courageous. We pray for her teacher and classmates, and often I pray for Daddy at work and myself and the little ones at home.
We incorporate other things into our nighttime prayers with the kids. When we're sick, they're heavily focused on healing, strength, and rest. When we're tired or ornery, they're focused on rest and peace. When it's been a peaceful day, we remember to thank God for all that He has given us. We always pray for family (far and near) and we always pray for sleep (because it's in short supply around here).
We've heard funny things and poignantly honest things. We've heard (and said) things like, "Please help Chrissy to stop pulling my hair so that I can pray..." We think a good conversation with God is healthy and necessary.
But I have no idea what kind of day precipitated the prayer that Ally has recited more than once in recent days.
"Dear Jesus...Help Daddy to keep his eyes on his own sites."
2 comments:
The great thing about our prayers is that God knows exactly how to interpret them and knows exactly what little ones are saying. It's not important that we understand every thing but just to know that he does and cares so much for us. He especially loves the prayers of little ones and of course I like to hear them too. It's a window on their faith and their world. Love ya, Dad
Ah, too cute. :)
Post a Comment