Alas, Christopher's sweet sleep lasted just two nights. Since then, he has awoken between 1 and 3 times and usually is moved from his room to the pack n' play in the basement office. Little turkey. We can't leave him in his own room for fear of waking up the girls, whose bedroom is about 3 feet from his. In the basement he gets to cry it out a bit and mom and dad, whose bedroom is directly above said office, get to listen. Joy.
Along with this, someone (whose name I will not divulge, but rhymes with Catalie)taught him that an appropriate wake-up-it's-morning time is 6:00 AM. So sweet of her to share her wisdom with him. Truly, my working mom friends are thinking, "6:00 AM? What is she complaining about?" And you're right. 6 AM is no big deal, in the grand scheme of things, but I'd rather sleep til 7.
Two days in a row last week, Natalie padded into our room at exactly 5:38 AM. Weird, huh? There might be something to that internal clock thing.
We had a snow day yesterday, along with about 100 million other Americans. The conditions were nasty, but somewhat manageable. Dave's boss came by with his plow to clear the end of our driveway where the city plows had thoughtfully blocked us in with about 4 feet of snow. Another item on the we-should-probably-buy list is a Wisconsin-sized snow blower.
Today school was delayed an hour because it was below -15 degrees with the windchill. Apparently that's a rule, according to a "friend" on Facebook. No idea how she knows this bit of information, but she might have made it up to sound like she knows stuff. Either way, we took things slowly this morning and stopped for an extra cuddle or two.
(No clue what is on her finger.)
I think this is possibly the most boring post ever. Sorry about that. I don't have much to share, but thought I'd type for awhile to warm up my fingers.
But now my toes are cold.
So I'm off to find a cozy blanket and a good book. I have almost an hour before we pick up Ally from school and I intend to use it fruitfully.
3 comments:
Let me add to your wonderful ramblings.
We would be happy to lend you our snow blower if we lived closer....
I think it is Trickery's tail on Ally's finger.
We have a solid two inches of ice in our driveway from the storm of the century; when the plow finally came down the street they dumped about 6 inches of crumbled ice at the end of the driveway that I had to shovel out in order to be able to go up and down the slippery slope that is the driveway.
I am so ready for summer!
Love to the 5 Fox's, Mom/Sheila/Curly Hair Grandma
Not a boring post at all, dear friend. Thank you for the update! I was really wondering how Mr. Christopher was continuing to do in the sleep department. :)
A helpful phrase my dad often repeats to me when I'm in the middle of a particular parenting "issue" and can't see the forest for the trees:
THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
Maybe it will help you too, just a little bit, on those days when you're sure your kids will never sleep in, or sleep at all, etc. :)
Hugs!
You're right, Sheila! It's definitely Trickery's tail - good eye! It didn't even occur to me. And props to you for remembering the cat's name! :)
Thanks Beth! You are so sweet to keep up with us.
Post a Comment