Woe is me. Or I should say, woe is us. I guess that would more accurately be: woe are us.
Whatever, we are woed. Or I think woeful.
Sorry, I'll stop.
My brain is fried. This week brought two more sicknesses, believe it or not. I have stopped counting because the number was really unbelievable, but I'm fairly certain that puts us at 13 or 14 distinct sicknesses for the 5 Fox family members in the last 6 weeks.
Four trips to the pediatrician (five if you include Chris's 18-month check-up). Only one trip to urgent care.
Six prescriptions, if I'm not mistaken.
Four social-ish events missed.
This week I was stricken with bronchitis and Natalie had a NASTY virus AND ear infection painfully mixed together. She was feverish and miserable for the better part of 4 days. Today, the 5th day, she was about 75% herself. Which is to say, she was calm and quite pleasant, but had to blow her nose approximately 163 times, give or take a dozen.
The stinger is, Allyson has yet to show signs of this nasty virus (Chris had it a week before Nat). So I'm somewhat prepared for sickness #15.
Deep breathing helps a little. And ice cream.
Anyway, today was quite good, especially considering I stockpiled Kleenex last time they were on sale at Walgreen's.
Let me just tell you a quick story so we can all leave this post smiling.
One day before Natalie got so sick, I asked her as I always do after nap, "Did you have a good nap?"
She quickly responded, "Yep, it was good. I was singing some songs, and I went poopy, and I went potty, and then I sleeped."
Now you know the elements of a good nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment