Thursday, February 25, 2010

Adam and Eve...out on the street

Allyson was telling me today that she told her friend the Adam and Eve story over lunch one day at school.  I asked her what she said. 

She proceeded to tell me the basic story.  Everything was accurate until I asked what the consequences were for their sin.  She said, "They were homeless...out on the street.  And yucky bugs bit them.  And I don't think they even had clothes.  And they died on the street."

Hmmm.  We're gonna have to review that story.

I thought I'd continue just a bit.  (I'd do just about anything for a good blog story.)

Me:  "Do you remember why they decided to eat the fruit from that one tree?"
Ally:  "I don't know."
Me:  "There was an animal there, talking to them..."
Ally:  "Animals don't talk."
Me:  "This one did.  Do you remember?"
Ally: "Oh! The guards!"
Me:  "HUH?"
---Silence.---
Me:  "There was a snake in the tree, tempting Adam and Eve to sin and do the ONE thing they were told not to do.  It was the devil in the snake."
Ally:  "I think I know what happened.  The devil must have been behind the snake talking."
Me:  "Yeah, well, kinda like that, I guess."

1 comment:

Rich said...

Grandpa just loves these little stories. They are the BEST!!

Love ya--- Grandpa V