Friday, February 12, 2010

Passion Pops

Occasionally I have to share a recipe.  Not because it's something fancy and fabulous.  Usually just because I thought it was tasty and easy.  I made these for Ally's class snack last week and my MOPS meeting.  As you'll see below, Natalie approved of the recipe.  I got it from a magazine (I don't remember which), and I'm pretty sure they named them "Passion Pops" because they looked so Valentine-y with the pink and red sprinkles (not because they're particularly passionate...).

Passion Pops

12 caramel squares (unwrapped)
32 vanilla wafer cookies
1 cup of chocolate chips (your choice of chocolate)
16 lollipop sticks (sold at craft and baking stores)
Sprinkles (we used heart Valentine sprinkles, but you could use any color or variety)

1.  Melt the caramel squares in the microwave (most packages have heating directions).  Working quickly, drop a dollop of melted caramel on a vanilla wafer.  Place a lollipop stick over the caramel, then another cookie, making a sandwich.  Continue with all the cookies.
2.  Melt the chocolate chips.  Dip and turn each lollipop in the melted chocolate, fully covering the cookie sandwich.  Tap off the excess on the side of the pot.  Drop sprinkles over the chocolate lollipop or dip the lollipop in a bowl of sprinkles (however you prefer).  Put in fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool.  Serve at room temperature.

These were yummy and fun (and simple) to make.  The vanilla wafers were a bit crumbly, so the lollipops could be messy to eat.  David's suggestion was to use small chocolate chip cookies in place of the vanilla wafers.  That sounded heavenly to me!

So, here is the evidence that Natalie enjoyed her lollipop. I think she had already licked off the cute heart sprinkles...I realized belatedly that I should have taken pictures of them before she got her hands on them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Natalie likes them then Grandpa would like them. Pretty cute. Love you Nat Nat! Grandpa V