Friday, March 19, 2010

The Days of Kindergarten Lives

Ally has two close friends at school.  The three of them have been tight since the school year began.  However, we all know that friend groupings of three can sometimes get complicated.  At any one time, two can pair off and leave the third in the dust.

The other day I found a paper on the table, all crumpled up.  The words Ally had written were all scribbled out, but I managed to make out the main sentence. 

This is exactly what it said, "FRENS are Not FRensatol."  (Friends are not friends at all.)

Can we all say a sad collective, "Ooooh."

She later explained that she had been the one left out that day.  The others were "mean." 

The next day I asked her how the girls were that day.  She quickly said, "Great!  They were nice again today."

So, the world continues turning in kindergarten.  The daily lessons are sometimes tricky and sometimes "frens" let you down.  But we'd rather have imperfect friends than perfect enemies. 

1 comment:

Basketwebb said...

Ouch the tough realities of life in the real world. My heart skipped a beat and I had a tear in my eye. Sad that she had to experience this. Glad that she is young and resilient.
Love ya
Ally!

From
Curly hair Grandma