Friday, March 26, 2010

A few too many irons...

Have you ever had one of those weeks where things just kept piling up?

I know I have no room to complain.  I have the pleasure of staying home and parenting my children full-time.  I don't have to juggle the responsibilities of a full-time job and the pressures therein. 

This was one of those weeks that I had more than a few moments of questioning, "How do working moms do it all?" 

In February I was introduced to a writing job from my sister-in-law (thanks, Bonnie!).  Since then, I've been writing articles for websites.  You'd be amazed at the crazy titles I've attempted.  David's boss, the business-owning web developer found out I was a "writer" (yep, that's in quotes.  I'm really NOT a writer.).  He jumped on the bandwagon and assigned me some articles of his own.  So, there you go.  I'm a freelancer.  When the little ones are napping or down for the night, I'm camped with the laptop, writing about stuff I know nothing about.  So think about that the next time you read an article online...some mom of three with puke on her shirt wrote that article during her kids' naptime.

And then the school calls and asks for goodies for the school carnival.

And then the preschool alma mater asks for a scrapbook-page memory for the retiring director.

And then you remember you have to find a solid colored, pastel shirt for the musical in which you're singing on Sunday.

Oh - and it's cowboy/cowgirl day at school and Ally MUST HAVE a cowboy hat.

And you're in the midst of painting some sweet little wall hangings for your son's as-yet-unfinished room.

And you're trying to plan your daughters 6th birthday party (WOA).

And I really need to clean out the winter stuff and bring in the spring stuff in the closets. 

And I haven't cleaned the upstairs bathroom in I-don't-know-how-long.

And Natalie's been waking up the whole house at about 5:45 AM, every day for the last 3 weeks.

And David's boss called with 5 more articles, any chance I can get them done before Tuesday?

And Natalie may be potty-training herself, as she pooped on the bathroom floor today.  

I think that finishes up today's issues. 

So I haven't been blogging lately.  Sorry about that. 

But I have so many fun things to share!  I'll be back.  There are three little people that are spoon-feeding me content for this little internet storybook...I just haven't had a moment to write it down.

For now, I need to deliver a surprise to Ally's bedroom mailbox because I promised I would if she'd let me put her hair in braids. 

And then I need to shower and do my Bible study.

And then...



 

3 comments:

Colette said...

I think you ARE A WRITER! Your posts are so fun to read and very cleverly written, especially today. Loved it and know exactly what you mean! :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe it would just be easier for you to get a full time job.... :) Yes, I agree, that was a really fun blog to read. You ARE a good writer

Bitte

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

I'm jealous! I think you're living the life I want at some point. :)

VERY cool on the freelancing. You are doing a great job keeping all the balls in the air. Don't worry if the occasional one falls. You can always pick it back up again!

Hugs!
B.