If you're a mom, you can relate.
Natalie, specifically, is in a season where she must repeat my "name" 24 times for the same request. And there are approximately 49 such requests in any given hour.
That would be my last nerve she just obliterated.
Christopher just says "MAAAAH" and at this point, it's still cute, so his will only count for half.
But Allyson, she has developed a whole new method in her creative little brain.
The other day I was on the phone and she was in desperate need of my attention. (Let me just tell you right now, the need for pretzels is apparently desperate in some regions of my home. Now you know.)
While waving her arms in front of me, she said in a freakishly loud whisper, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" This is typical mom's-on-the-phone behavior which always results in "the look" from me. I really try not to respond, because that would be feeding the behavior, right?
At this point, she upped the ante and wrapped her arms around me (as if she really wanted a hug...yeah, right, I'm on to you chica!). I gave her another look, covered the mouthpiece of the phone and said, "You are being RUDE! Knock it off!"
So, she did what any desperate child would, she got a sticky note and a pen and wrote me a note. Or so I thought.
Here ya go.
Oh yes she did.
I think it's possible that she inherited her Dad's sense of humor.
2 comments:
I remember those days... I kept telling the kids that I was changing my name! Hang in there Kristen!
Love, Paula
ok I get the mom mom mom thing! On the way home tonight i put the music on at a decent level...oh yes, Malayna kept talking to me about who knows what... lol. I just wanted to sing! Oh, i am leaving a comment now...good thing u helped me figure it out!
Meranda
Post a Comment