Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unintended Reflection

These pictures are a few weeks old, but I was looking back through October's pictures and stumbled upon them.

That's our new dishwasher, by the way. I know y'all were aching to see it.

I picked out this doozy at the pumpkin patch all by myself (the pumpkin, not the boy). I love the tall guys. It had been standing proud on our front porch for 3 weeks or so, but finally bit the dust a few days ago.

Anyway, it was inside for a day when I was trying to mend its poor broken stem (hot glue worked just peachy, in case you ever need to fix a pumpkin's stem). I noticed it was just the right size for Christopher to smack, which is how the stem got broken in the first place, so I took a couple of pictures.

Do you see what I see?

LOVE that sweet face!

Here's one more, 'cause I just can't stop. (This one doesn't have the reflection, but I love the look on his face...)
You can go back to what you were doing now, but, for the record, I think my unintended reflection pictures are kinda fun...it's possible I'll be conducting a photo shoot in my very small kitchen with the other two children sometime in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed! In the last photo Christopher reminds me of a photo of Allyson, holding a hot pepper from the garden. I will try to locate it and e-mail it to you.

Thanks for sharing!
Love, Grandma W.

Kristen said...

I think I know exactly which one you're talking about Sheila! I'll look for it too - you're right it's a very similar smile!

Rich said...

A special smile for a very special grandson. He's the best.

Grandpa V