In first grade, they bring a healthy-ish snack every day to school. If it's in a baggie, I write a quick note on the bag to tell her that I love her. I have never brought attention to it, just wrote it and tucked it into her backpack.
Not too many days ago, she asked me why I write on her snack. I told her that I wanted her to know that I love her and am thinking about her, even when she's not with me.
A few days later, I walked into my own bedroom after putting the kids to bed and I found this on my jewelry box.
We only have about six and a half years of experience in this parenting thing. We're not experts (nor will we ever be). In fact, most days we wonder how God in His infinite wisdom thought WE could handle three such treasures. But somewhere along the line we must have done something right.
4 comments:
This post brought tears to my eyes. You and David are terrific parents and Allyson has a tender heart, praying that she will continue on this path. Love to all, Grandma W. (still haven't found the Ally/Pepper photo!)
SOOOO SWEET! I love it.
Ally,
you are pretty special.
Love ya,
Grandpa V
Being able to express and show love is a special gift, especially for a child.
Post a Comment