Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday David!

Many of you might be quick enough to say, "Hey, she's a day late wishing her husband happy birthday!" However, we in the Fox household unanimously decided that we would celebrate on the 20th this year.

We have not posted about any of our ministry obstacles here because we really wanted a light and fluffy chronicle of our lives. However, it seems the time has come to share just a bit. You'll find the reason below. (You have to keep reading! I'm pretty tricky like that.)

The short and not-so-sweet version is that ministry here in Janesville has been nothing short of tumultuous. It seems like whenever there was a small step forward, it was quickly followed by a large step backward. Battle after battle after battle. And without sharing too much, David and our youth pastor discovered that our another staff member was acting immorally. That sounds pretty benign, but you'll have to take our word for it. It's bad news. We handled things a certain way and it seemed like our efforts to help the church (and him) were thwarted at every turn. To say it neatly, the last several months have been horrific. Recently we discovered that someone who we thought was our biggest supporter was concocting nasty lies about David, questioning his integrity and character.

The interesting thing is, we had already resigned. For those of you a bit out of our loop, David is now working full time for a web development firm here in town. AND LOVING IT! He volunteered to lead worship on Sundays for a few additional weeks to aid in the transition process. And it has been during this time that the problems have only escalated.

In the past three days, David has had approximately 8 hours of meetings (aside from his day job) that revolve around the ugliness happening in our church. Painful. And sad. We think that the leadership involved are now willing to take some necessary steps toward healing. But we are done. This Sunday will be our last (unless the most unlikely of miracles should occur). I can't tell you how excited I am about our future. Is that weird? We have been painfully attacked in the last few weeks, yet I'm sitting here, nearly giddy with anticipation.

So, the reason for the sharing? I just have to take a moment and tell you about an amazing man I call my husband. He has handled the last four months with the utmost integrity. At every turn, he has sought God's direction, desiring to do the right thing. We have had moments of tears, panic, fear, betrayal, yelling, and even a few curse words (although we're trying not to make that last one a habit). But as we near the END, I just have to stop and tell my husband how proud I am to be his wife. There were days that I held him up and days that he did the same for me. But through it all, David has walked like a soldier, not looking right or left (too much), but heading forward into the place God is leading. For the past two years, David has been a full-time worker, a full-time student, and a full-time dad. And for the past year he has had TWO jobs, college, and young children. And he always made time for me.

On his real birthday, David spent approximately 10 minutes at home between 8:15 AM and 8:30 PM. So we're pretending today is the day. And next week we start the next phase of our lives. There's no one I'd rather stand beside.

Happy Birthday babe. Love you.

4 comments:

Rich said...

Dave,

We're proud of you too. Church issues like you two have been through are never easy but we have
seen so much growth in you and Kris that we know God had you there to temper you as steel. He has great things in store for you as you continue to look to Him for your strength. Where would we be without Him. Great will be your reward.

Love ya,

Rich and Sherry

Basketwebb said...

Good Morning,
It warms my heart to know that my son has a wife who supports, adores and loves her husband (my firstborn son). The two of you have been through a terrible time but by your faithfulness to the Lord and following His word you will surely receive abundant blessings! The lessons that you have learned are priceless and they will help you as you progress along life's path. As the old saying goes "This to shall pass, better days are ahead." I love you both and I am proud of the stand you took by doing the right thing. Love, MOM (Dave's Mom)

Lori said...

Kris & David,

This message brought me to tears. I am so proud of the two of you. It's great to see you following after God with all of your heart. I love you and pray for you!

Lori

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Awesome testimony - PTL. Continuing to pray for you guys as you enter the next chapter.