Saturday, May 02, 2009

The levels of pain.

When you're in the hospital, or even the doctor's office, you may see a handy little chart with various little faces depicting pain. At the bottom, there's a smile indicating very little or no pain. Progressively the little faces become grimacing, and you can almost sense the little dude's tremendous pain at the top of the chart. After my last c-section, the nurses would point to the chart and ask my pain level EVERY time they entered my room.

Ally decided to simplify things a bit.

Yesterday we were walking through Wal-Mart and she was holding a new Polly Pocket treasure that she had saved her birthday money to purchase. I was pushing the cart and she was walking between me and the cart. (Not a great spot, but at least she wasn't wandering off!) Anyway, I took an abrupt slow-down to eye up a clearance rack and caught Ally off-guard. She ran into the cart, making her package smack her chin.

I quickly apologized and she said, "That's okay. It didn't hurt hurt hurt. It just hurt hurt. Just two hurts, not three."

Okaaaaay. I said, "So two hurts doesn't hurt very bad, but three hurts is pretty bad."

"Yep."

"So how many hurts would make you cry?"

"Like 5 hurts or maybe 4."

Good to know.

2 comments:

AshliO said...

Love it. Cutest thing I've read in a long time! You must tell that story next time you are in the hospital.

Rich said...

That Ally, she's the best. She always has a good way to express herself and just too sweet. Wished I was there to give her a big hug. That always makes me feel better when I can hug her.

Love ya-
Grandpa V